What an AWESOME WEEK!!!!! I love vacation!! I’ll be posting the video and tons of pics of our trip very soon!
Highlights from the week of February 17-23rd, 2017:
- Spending time with my parents
- Shopping at Bealls
- Lunch at Ford’s Garage at Miromar Outlets
- Pizza night
- Naples Beach
- Harbor cruise in Naples
- Seeing multi-million $ homes on the waterfront
- Seeing dolphins
- Lunch at Bonefish Grill in Naples
- Rotisserie chicken
- Delnor Wiggins State Park
- My kids’ good behavior
- BBQ and swimming in the ocean at Bonita Beach
- Dinner date sans kids at The Fish House
- Lobster Bites & Grouper Reuben at The Fish House
- Pool at Paloma
- Cruisin’ the coast from Bonita Beach into Fort Myers Beach
- Splash pad at Lakes Regional Park
- My Dad’s smoked ribs
- Downloaded movies on Netflix to watch on the airplane
- Discovery of seven Earth-sized planets orbiting a star called TRAPPIST-1
- G/T Cohort with Dr Westberg
Highlights from the week of Feb 10-16, 2017:
- Happy Hour at Ol’ Mexico
- My amazing 40th birthday!!!
- Birthday greetings from friends and family, near and far
- A beautiful new purple Coach purse from my honey
- Romantic birthday dinner at Bonefish Grill
- Pomegranate Sage Martini
- Donuts at Bonefish Grill. OMG, best donuts I’ve ever had
- Birthday drinks with my girlfriends
- My first ride with Uber
- Phone call from my Gram & Gramp
- Brunch with Brian, Michelle and all the kids
- Really great NAAPID performance at school
- Valentine’s Day gyros at Dino’s
- Generous donations for Weeks 2 & 3 with Pennies for Patients
- Getting everything packed up and ready for our trip to Florida
- Finishing It Ends With Us
- Pizza at Angelos
- A decent flight to Fort Myers to see my parents!
- Reading Another Brooklyn in its entirety on the flight to FL
I’m not a big sucker for Valentine’s Day, but this year I decided to send out photo cards in lieu of the Holiday cards I never got around to ordering and sending a few months back. I think it was a nice surprise for our friends and family to get happy mail in February! I might just make this our new tradition 😉
Happy 40th birthday to my dearest Lanee Valentina! Love you girlie!!
OMG you guys!!!!!!! I am 40!!!!!! Here is me yesterday on my 40th Birthday!
It’s been a whirlwind of a weekend, but a fun one turning 40. I was in denial about being over the hill and I didn’t plan anything in advance but I’m good at impromptu plans 😉
It started with happy hour at Ol’Mexico on Friday with some of my co-workers, then Saturday we had lunch at Taco House. I love tacos! Great start to a very nice birthday.
Lunch was followed by some shopping at Coach to get a beautiful new purse. Or two, because I couldn’t decide which of these beauties needed to come home with me 😉
I talked to my mom and dad for a brief call followed by a surprise call from my Gram & Gramp. I think this is the first time they’ve called me on my birthday so that was pretty special. They are 88 & 91 years young now. lol
Later I had a wonderful meal (sans children) at Bonefish Grill in the West End. We had bang-bang shrimp, calamari, steak and lobster, wine and pomegranate martinis, topped by the best donut dessert I’ve ever had in my life. I will dream about those fluffy pillows of pastry for years to come. Oh! And complimentary cheesecake to boot!
I was tired, stuffed out of my mind, and had a few cocktails under my belt but wasn’t ready to call it a night yet. I met up with my BFF Mary and her husband, and my dear friend Cassie for a couple of hours at a local dive bar (Doc’s Landing). They were playing old school music, the same stuff they played back in the day when I was just a kid hitting the bar scene for the first time 😉
Earlier today I met Brian, Michelle and the kids for brunch at Green Mill. Yum!
Later this afternoon we went to Maplewood Mall to get a few things for our upcoming trip to Florida. We took the kids on the carousel and walked around the mall. It was a nice ending to a great birthday weekend.
I have to admit, 40 feels pretty good. I’m looking forward to the next decade, I hear your 40’s are the best!
Happy Friday!! It seems like it has been a Looooooooooong week and I am ready for my birthday weekend!! Here are my highlights from February 3-9, 2017:
- Fresh cut and color. Color wasn’t exactly what I wanted but it still looks nice and the cut feels great. Still long, but more layers.
- Organizing the boys’ old baby clothes so I can get rid of them
- Getting started on my taxes
- Finishing my mid-year TD&E paperwork at work (a week before the deadline!)
- It Ends With Us
- Mushroom & Swiss burger and Alfredo wings at DSpot
- Reminiscing with old friends on FB re: songs that remind people of ME
- Hearing from an old college friend
- Sending out photo Valentines instead of Christmas cards
- Response to my cute Valentines
- A very generous week 2nd of donations by the kids at school for Pennies for Patients
This week was decent however, I hurt my back and have had a rough go of it, physically.
Here are my weekly highlights from January 27-Feb 2, 2017:
- Pizza at Cossetta’s
- Taking boys to Mall of America
- Rides at Nickelodeon World
- Lobster bites at Long John Silver’s
- Another scenic drive along Mississippi River
- Having an old RX of muscle relaxers on-hand to help with my back
- Registering for the Plexus Convention in Las Vegas
- Family STEM Night at school
- Photo Booth with Props (with yours truly as the photographer)
- Making an appt to get my hair done, balayange-style
- Getting caught up with This Is Us
- Making it through “Winter” and “Spring” in GG: A Year in the Life
- Catching up with Noemy
- Starting the book Dark Matter
Bash & Dash on Blue’s Ride at MOA
Snowy Beach at Spring Lake (Mississippi River)