I have been posting these weekly highlights for several years now but I’ve always just made a list. This week I wanted to expand on each thing and I’m glad I did! I hope to do this more often, it sure makes it easier to remember what was really going on in my life when I look back at these posts some day!
Highlights from the week of April 7-April 13, 2017:
- Scenic drive around Lake Pepin- I didn’t take many photos of our drive because it was cloudy and kinda yucky out. We did drive up the rustic mountain road in Maiden Rock, WI and stopped to pick a few mushrooms. I looked through one of our new mushroom books and couldn’t seem to figure out wht they were. I still have so much to learn!! Or maybe I discovered a new species. Hahaha
- Dinner at Smokin Oak in Red Wing- It is our tradition to stop and have dinner here when visiting Red Wing or after driving all the way around Pepin. The first time we ever stopped here as a family (and got take-out) was when Bretton was just five days old. I kid you not!!!
- Eating burgers outside at Wagner’s Drive-In. We just love this old-school drive-in.
- Amazing budget news @ work- no cuts next year!!!!!! Ya know, for whatever reason I wasn’t that worried about this. I just had a feeling it was going to work out despite the fact that our district is cutting 15 million. Praise the Lord.
- Getting to know the bloggers of The Peaceful Posse better. Thank you to those who link your blogs on the daily threads, it has been the easiest way for me to read your posts.
- Big Little Lies ( I watch the entire first season in a week)- Did you read my post about it?
- Finding the Rory Gilmore Reading List. You probably saw my blog post about it, I’ve read 59/339 Rory’s books
- A very generous and unexpected token from a dear friend at work when it was desperately needed
- Chatting with my teammates– My best friend Bradie and I are power partners in the Plexus business. We video chat a few times a week but have our teammates join us on Tuesdays as well. Such an amazing group of women!
- Snuggles with my boys. They both give the sweetest kisses and hugs. I can still hold Bashy while sitting and rock him. He’s 2 1/2 now and definitely not a baby anymore. Makes me sad, I miss my baby. lol
- Catching up with my bestie Mary– We only connect via phone once or twice a month so when we do, we have a lot to catch up on
- Plexus Payday!– This extra income has been an absolute godsend. We are always paid electronically by the 15th of the month. This check came on the 12th. Woot!
- G/T cohort training with Dr Karen Westberg– My school district has hired her to offer PD to our small group of Gifted & Talented teachers and program cooridnators. Dr Westberg was one of my professors that I got to know very well while completing grad school back in 2000-02. I helped her compile research for a study once upon a time.
- Finding my old Twice Exceptional program proposal I wrote for my MA 16 yrs ago!! and re- sharing it with Dr Westberg! Early in my teaching career, I had expertise in kids who had both learning disabilities or ASD but were also gifted. There are very few teachers who specialize in both ends of the spectrum, I am one fo them 😉
- Zoom video team training with Jaclyn Stanley– Jaclyn is a Diamond Ambassador with Plexus and did so in under two years. That’s incredible!! She is a sideline and good friend of my sponsor’s sponsor and jumped on our weekly meeting with us to answer our questions. I am also going to be a Diamond in a few years, making more money than I can dream of. Such an amazing company and amazing products.