Good Morning and Happy Thursday!
I’m short on time this morning and I woke up really hungry. You know what that means? That today I am going to blog about Food!! More specifically, pizza. Doesn’t everyone love pizza?
Pizza is one of those foods that has so many different variables to it, that you could literally come up with thousands of combinations! Starting with the type of crust, then sauce, cheeses, and of course the toppings. While I love a good ol’ pepperoni or sausage pizza, I have found that there are many other pizzas that I absolutely love. I bet you do, too. Last night at dinner with a group of friends, one of my BFFs was telling us that her favorite pizza has sauerkraut, pickles and sausage. That’s a little weird, isn’t it? My theory is “don’t knock it until you try it”. While I have never tried this seemingly strange combo, several other friends nodded in agreement that this was an awesome combo.
Here are some of my favorite combos that are a little out-of-the-ordinary. Note: I love red sauce but these all feature a different sauce 😉
- Petso, Mushroom and Brie
- Pesto, shrimp and spicy sausage
- Creamy dill sauce, caramelized red onion, roasted red bell pepper, grilled chicken
- Tzaziki sauce, grilled chicken, sauteed red onion, feta and mozzarella, diced tomatoes with cool tzatziki drizzled on top
- chive oil, fresh garlic, wild mushrooms and boursin cheese, topped with fresh sprouts.
- Pepperoni, pineapple, banana pepper and a splash of Franks hot sauce
- Peanut sauce, mozzarella, spicy chicken, red onions, cilantro, carrots, bean sprouts, serrano chilies)
So, how about you? What non-standard combos have you tried that are really great together?